5 bundles fail in a row? is this normal?

• The Jumping Lord

I remember a long time ago there was a patch that stated that the enhancement system was improved in a way that if you have a lot of fails in a row, the success rate will go up. For that to work, you supposedly have to keep the enhancement window open.

However, after how many fails will this supposedly improved success rate be triggered, and what that new success is going to be will never be disclosed. For all we know, it could very well be like this: if the success rate is, say, 1%, you will need roughly 100 attempts to get a success; with this new "improved" system, after 99 failed attempts, the next attempt will 100% be a success. Big improvement.

So, the players want the enhancement system to be improved and become more fair and balanced. Do they get it? No! Instead the blame for failed enhancement is put on them. You had many failed attempts. Did you close the enhancement window? Well, there's ya problem! Did you enhance when many other players were also enhancing? Tsk, tsk, tsk, big mistake.

Even if these reasons for failed enhancements were true, which I highly doubt, they are absolutely unacceptable, because it is not explained anywhere in the game while you try to enhance.

So, why is it all so vague and hush-hush? I really wonder.

• Btw:

thats my own vid. i had 78 fails trying to get this brace from 16 to 17.

i had 120 trys from 15 to 20 in total

LOL wow. "But do you need it?" ... :( completely normal rate seems like.....

kVJtqk7.png

。.。:∞♡*♥ 115 Wiz - 135 SS - 135 Guard - 135 WL - 135 Glad - 135 HK ♥*♡∞:。.。

looking for sc bonus...

• Apparently, I'm either silenced or Ghosted on forums now...

I've been saying these things now for the last couple of hours (throughout today) and no one has really bothered to comment on my statements.

Guess either people don't pay attention (as there's been repeats of exactly what I said, but in different wording) or Gamigo has finally silenced my ego ;(:D:D^^

Overall, rates are extremely horrible, and I feel sorry for anyone really trying to spin their wallets away.

Cash shop is severely over priced, and we all know it...

The fail to success ratio is also garbage and people have proven it time and time again...but have we seen a change? Nope.

Will we?

NOPE.

Why? Because y'all still buy bundles.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• lmao bro dont worry, i heard ya. I quit on bracelet enhance until they finally listen to us and fix this crap. I am not putting $100 to enhance 1 single item. I also agree gamgio doesnt care about us and only for the money. As long as ppl still buy them even if they are overprice and crap rates, nothing will change. Why would a company change it if they still making money lol. If we are to force them to change this policy, we must boycott and stop buying sc and enhancement. When they see their income in falling, they will try to fix it.

• lord, why do you expect a answer from gamigo? From what i see their answer is always vague.

I'm an optimist, just hoping for clarity if there IS something or some plan...I don't feel like knowing if the possiblity exists it should be a secret

Example, brace is at +12 and rate is 15%. At +13, rate will lower to 12%. So your question is, if your item is +13 and it fail say 10 times in a row, will the rate increase to 15% (as in when it is +12) or will the rate stay the same at 12% no matter how much it fails. That is what i understand you are asking for

Yes, this is exactly what I mean, I'm glad I'm making it clear enough. :slimesmile:

I remember a long time ago there was a patch that stated that the enhancement system was improved in a way that if you have a lot of fails in a row, the success rate will go up. For that to work, you supposedly have to keep the enhancement window open.

See this is what I thought too.

I was looking for any mention of this but it must have been lost in the old forums...there's no indication that I can find that it's accurate so I was hoping for some clarification from Kuroneko if it exists, was taken out, was just talked about but never added, etc.

Even if the rate is a secret the fact that it exists shouldn't be.

After knowing if it exists or not then I'd ask if it resets after a downgrade, closing the enchantment window, whatever, or if that part is a secret.

So, why is it all so vague and hush-hush? I really wonder.

Gamigo says it wants to be transparent so I want to see how much they're willing to tell us and work with us.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• haha thank man. how do you post pic?

Use the direct link to post a pic

LOL wow. "But do you need it?" ...

yea

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• Heya!

kingofamerica There was a reason why I made that statement. Everything is dependant on the base rate of the Enhancement System, it goes hand in hand with the way the Enhancement Bundle and SC Frags work. It boost that success rate to effect the chances of hitting a successful enhancement or a failed enhancement.

Once again I can bring up this issue, but please bare in mind that the higher you go, there will be a natural lower chance of success. Meaning a +12 will not have the same success rate as +6.

What I want to know is if there is a system that rewards multiple attempts, for example if a bracelet is +15 and you're trying to get it +16 do we have the same chance if we try to enhance it 10 times or 10000 times?

Or after multiple failures in a row if the rate of success increases at all? (like if it's by .1% so that after 1000 failures you'd have a 100% chance to succeed going from +15 to +16).

This is a good idea that I can forward along. Not sure if it will work that way, but I can suggest it and see what happens. There won't be a 100% chance of a no fail attempt, especially as you get to the highest level of enhancement.

See this is what I thought too.

I was looking for any mention of this but it must have been lost in the old forums...there's no indication that I can find that it's accurate so I was hoping for some clarification from Kuroneko if it exists, was taken out, was just talked about but never added, etc.

Even if the rate is a secret the fact that it exists shouldn't be.

After knowing if it exists or not then I'd ask if it resets after a downgrade, closing the enchantment window, whatever, or if that part is a secret.

Since the patch notes are on the old forums. I will need to double check and confirm the details and what I can provide as an answer.

Regards,
    ~[SGM]Kuroneko

• The way I see it, people are just really greedy.

They just want Success, Success, Success... not to mention that you people don't even resell items for cheap. Even if you get to +20, you're going to be so much stronger than those who don't have the luxury to join raids or the ability to purchase unenhanced items and the items that are enhanced are ridiculously over priced it is stupid to even buy off it off you.

Also few of you are under a mistaken idea that +30% is a straight stack. According to the GM, I think they're trying to say that it isn't the case?

So assuming Snack got it right and going off what the GM is saying... I guess the enhancement rates could work like this?

• +0 > +1 - 90%
    • +1 > +2 - 85%
    • +2 > +3 - 80%
    • +3 > +4 - 75%
    • +4 > +5 - 60%
    • +5 > +6 - 50%
    • +6 > +7 - 40%
    • +7 > +8 - 25%
    • +8 > +9 - 10%

and the rate continues to drop the higher you go up the list. The Lowest possiblity being 1%... and the enhancement stuff boost that success rate so if an enhancement item adds 30% to like '+8 > +9' the rate won't be 40% chance of success but rather 30% of 10% added on meaning it is 13% chance of success.

I mean the only way we can guess the rate of success is to do a lot of testing then average it out and then however many out of that many tries will be it for the success rate? (I'm not a maths genius)

Also as the GM mentioned, there are other ways to balance this game... like I honestly cannot afford to buy gears off you people and with high rough the upper levels are... they could look at either boosting rate of success and making all super rare items readily available... or make things easier whilst retaining the current success rate of enhancement?

I mean if things are easier then you guys won't feel the need to boost yourself to +20? I mean seriously at +9~+12 most of your stats are double or triple the stats of those who aren't even enhanced X/ If you need max enhanced gears to survive and be like 5 times stronger than someone on +0, then as the GM mentioned there are serious balance issues.

They just want Success, Success, Success...

How did you come to a thread where people complain that they had up to 80 failed attempts in a row to enhance their items, and conclude that they are greedy? So a person feels bad about spending around $40 on a game without getting anything in return, and they are the ones who are greedy?

I also felt a long time ago that players are overcharging for their items, and for sure, some still do. But now I understand it much better.

Take bracelets for example. If you want to get it by yourself, you are going to have to do hundreds and hundreds of KQs, and there is still no guarantee that you will get it. And then, if you want to enhance it to the max level, you are going to need a lot of real life money. So what do you think is the fair price for this item when you finally decide to sell it?

And you do need these items, unless you have a group of friends to do everything together whenever you want. And even then, at least some people from that group will need them.

• AkiraNasuki

I dont expect 100% success ratios.

That's just insane! I expect the system to not be rigged to such a degree that I have to spend 1/5th of my rent money enhancing items to +10/12...for only ONE attempt to succeed. THAT is NOT fair by ANY MEANS.

Look, I make a decent amount of money, I have bills and a family to support...but I don't want to pay out nearly a months worth of utility bills or a portion of my rent to a totally rigged system just to see repeated fail after fail after fail.

When the system was controlled by players at the launch of the game, 50% bundles were on the market...players could stop before an item was destroyed or downgraded...that upset OOS, and they changed it to 100% protection stones...and that's where the system went haywire...big time.

The 105 Cap introduced an enhancement rate that TOTALLY screwed the pooch as far as the rates are concerned, and we all know it...so why shouldn't we be able to ask questions? Why shouldn't we be heated about the failed FAIL to success system? The system is utterly rigged...I mean, cmon. We can play with this system ALL DAY long with t1 and t2 and eventually walk away with a few blown up whites, trash greens, and junk jewels just to prove a point.

There's also a theory out there (and I'm starting to believe it) that each piece of gear has a set success rate attached to them...and IF I could confirm this, I surely would and post it publicly across all available social media platforms. There are games out there that are utterly transparent with their enhancement and "crafting" rates, and a lot of them require User Input, Time Spent at the NPC, materials, and "readily available" passive perks to make it slightly easier. Cash shop items are still required to boost up the levels or total enhancement numbers, yes...but at least they give their players the dignity of being able to SEE what their chances are, and see the actually progress they're making towards a success.

Gamigo doesn't do that, nor did OOS even hear their old player base out about it...obviously.

The rates are horrible, and people want to see something DONE to eliminate nearly 80 failed attempts in a row. I could live with 4 failed attempts followed by a success, hell...even 6 failed attempts before a success! NOT 80! That's utterly ABSURD!

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

They just want Success, Success, Success... not to mention that you people don't even resell items for cheap. Even if you get to +20, you're going to be so much stronger than those who don't have the luxury to join raids or the ability to purchase unenhanced items and the items that are enhanced are ridiculously over priced it is stupid to even buy off it off you.

you are either dumb or just dumb. lol. No one is greedy here. who is being greedy? This thread is to show gamigo that there is a problem with t4 bracelet enhancing. People and myself are getting 50-80 fails in a row before we get 1 single upgrade. That is the problem here. With gears and weapons, we can max out with 2-3 bundles. So why is t4 brace taking up to 8 bundles for 1 single upgrade? To max out a brace, it would take 15-20 bundles. That is crazy. We are just asking gamigo to take a look into t4 brace enhancement and ask them to go try it themselves. No one here is asking them to make the success rate 100%. I dont see anyone here asking it to be success, success, success.

• No one is greedy here. who is being greedy?

I think we all know the answer for this. I hope..

kVJtqk7.png

looking for sc bonus...

• Kuroneko Would you like to address the video by Snack ? I think we would all like to know what Gamigo thinks about video evidence of 78 failed tries in a row. And it wasn't even going to +19/+20.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• you are either dumb or just dumb. lol. No one is greedy here. who is being greedy? This thread is to show gamigo that there is a problem with t4 bracelet enhancing. People and myself are getting 50-80 fails in a row before we get 1 single upgrade. That is the problem here. With gears and weapons, we can max out with 2-3 bundles. So why is t4 brace taking up to 8 bundles for 1 single upgrade? To max out a brace, it would take 15-20 bundles. That is crazy. We are just asking gamigo to take a look into t4 brace enhancement and ask them to go try it themselves. No one here is asking them to make the success rate 100%. I dont see anyone here asking it to be success, success, success.

50~80 tries seems right... if you had paid attention to my example and going by what the GM said... anything about +12 is going to be a low success rate.

It's not like +12 is going to be 90% chance of a success! +9 onwards is going to get lower and lower.

1 in 50 attempts or 1 in 80 attempts would put the success rate at about 2~4% success rate I guess (someone with maths please correct me)

So +30% would be... 2.4% to 4.8% success rate? Even if they boost the base success rate as the GM mentioned, it's not going to be a massive boost.

• No...No...NO....NO!

Those mechanics are severely FLAWED, and DO NOT reflect what is ADVERTISED by Gamigo themselves with the CASH SHOP.

You're either not paying attention, or you're one of the Gamigo employees that are literally sitting there laughing your ass off, munching on coins and bills we've shelled out trying to enhance gears. (#endsarcasm)

Flat Rates. F L A T...R A T E S...

That's what the bundles provide. So, it DOES NOT matter if the success ration goes DOWN...78 fails with say 30% success? Rigged.

Regular Enhancement 15/20/25%? and receive upwards of 40 fails going for +10/11/12? Rigged.

Enhancing within the "safe" limits and receive upwards of 200+ fails before reaching +3/4/5? Rigged.

The FAIL to Success system is totally ASS BACKWARDS.

The enhancement system ITSELF is ass backwards.

The last thing I enhanced was a t4 Bracelet to +15...using ING fragments. Took me over 200 of them with multiple ups and downs. Acceptable, but extremely QUESTIONABLE.

We, the people, WANT...flat, pure, unadulterated, unsullied, PURE rates for enhancement.

SIMPLE...AS...THAT.

• You're either not paying attention, or you're one of the Gamigo employees that are literally sitting there laughing your ass off, munching on coins and bills we've shelled out trying to enhance gears. (#endsarcasm)

LOL could be .. or one of those volunteers.

kVJtqk7.png

looking for sc bonus...

• LOL could be .. or one of those volunteers.

Possibly.

Frankly, I don't care either way.

It's obvious this person hasn't felt the sting of enhancing, and if they have...probably haven't bothered to come clean and wants to be a brown-nose towards the company.

It's whatever.

• They should try enhancing a T3 item like a 70 blue weap, pure torture the amount of fails you'll get

Joined 13 of March, 2009

Got 1 Crusader, 2 archers, 2 clerics, 2 mages and 2 fighters all Lvl 70 or higher

• Getting an item to +3 seems torture as well.

kVJtqk7.png

looking for sc bonus...

• 1 in 50 attempts or 1 in 80 attempts would put the success rate at about 2~4% success rate

It is actually 1.25% -2%. Would you call this rate "fair"? I highly doubt it. And as mentioned before, this was not for +19/+20. For that, what's the enchancement rate? 0.5%?

I can agreee the rate could even be 0.0001%, they can do whatever they want, but I would like more transparancy, like state how the system works, so we know if it is worth investing or not. I started playing this game in 4th grade (now I am finishing my Masters degree, so 10+ years), and I have always hated the enchancement system.