Party picking up my quests drops?

• Been away from playing fiesta for a while. I notice party members can pick up all your quest item now. What the heck. They aren't suppose to be able to pick up quest drop unless you dont pick it up for a long time. Now they can just spam pick up all the quest item. Is this a bug or did they change it while I was gone. This make partying with people suck cause everyone will try to spam pick all the quest items for repeat. Who's great idea is this? Smh. Please return quest item drop back to each player and not the party. I dont even join party for quest drop repeat now cause fighting over a drop is lame.

• How do you know its your drop, if both have the same quest?

There was a patch that changed many of these type of quests into kill monster A x-times. Because back in the days there was one guy doing it and 4 afk ppl that spend additional drops to him so he can finish the quest fast. Sadly not all are gone but be sure Gamigo reduced these dropquest already.

@Markis: PogChamp 50 Archer -- HeyGuys 4x Archer

„Any weapon is an axe, if you swing it hard enough.“ -- Unknown

• How do you know its your drop, if both have the same quest?

There was a patch that changed many of these type of quests into kill monster A x-times. Because back in the days there was one guy doing it and 4 afk ppl that spend additional drops to him so he can finish the quest fast. Sadly not all are gone but be sure Gamigo reduced these dropquest already.

i guess you are a newbie. Ive been playing this game since 2007 up to 2018 when i took a break. All those years, quests drop can only be pick up by whoever it drop for. Even party member can not pick up the quest drop if its not for them. That is how you know its your drop. But now they changed it. All quest drop can be pick up by anyone in the party. Example, mushroom spore drop from the mushroom mob in uruga is a repeat and need about 20 drop. Other party member just wait for the DD to kill all the mobs and they rush in to pick as many quest drop as possible. This is quiet annoying when doing repeat drop quests. Back in the days i play, only the player which the drop is for can pick it up.

• This could be a thing, cant remember anymore tbh, but you may be right. I just pointed out that Gamigo is aware that dropquest are somehow dogsh!t.

Just tell your partymember to wait with picking up or you‘ll leave.

@Markis: PogChamp 50 Archer -- HeyGuys 4x Archer

„Any weapon is an axe, if you swing it hard enough.“ -- Unknown

• The notorious spot that this is a huge problem is DT. The change singlehandedly killed any repeat quest that required drops unless you have enough friends/chars to fill the party yourself

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Well I'm not sure when it was but I do know they patched it, so that you can pick up others quest drop if it is the same quest. It makes thing faster for repeat quest, but ofc as a courtesy to other in party people should agree to take turns. If a party member is too greedy just kick them out of party.

Isya/Cypion
    Mizukia 135 Ranger

Kiriyashi 120 Gladiator
    iP00hOnya 115 Wizard

Rathia 105 Spectre
    Nursing_AID 113 Guardian
    Verdanzi_Hrdian 115 Templar
    xXDawnXx 105 Warlock

AimeKeeta 114 Knight

:thumbup:

• I agree that change was totally a stupid move to make. As a cleric, who stands back to heal people in the party, by the time I run to where mobs are killed, drops be gone. And people wonder why I never accept party invites from randoms…..sigh.

• GAMIGO???? do you hear? most player want the old quest drop system back. Where only the player who the quest drop is for can can pick it up and not the party. The only benefit of this new system is letting friends and guild member leech off a drop, such as DT drops and mushroom repeat at 127+. Most of us are joining random players with the same quests, and having to fight over a drop is lame. I have to spam pick my quest drop fast before the other party member take it all. I feel bad doing it, but if i dont, they will quickly pick it up and i will be left with nothing. Just change it back. As for friends and guilds wanting to leech on a drop, they can wait for the drop be to able to be pick up.

• EXACTLY. There is not a single advantage of this pick-up system.

Except that often times a quest drop that was not picked up immediately glitched and never became available for other people in the party to pick up before it disappeared. Also when a quest drop became available to other party members, it was also available to people outside the party so some would do drive by quest item stealing.

I'll admit, as someone with friends in multiple guilds and enough characters between myself and my spouse, I'm biased toward the new system, but everyone should see that both quest item drop systems are not perfect, especially since a lot of leveling rates are balanced around getting additional drops from your party.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Except that often times a quest drop that was not picked up immediately glitched and never became available for other people in the party to pick up before it disappeared. Also when a quest drop became available to other party members, it was also available to people outside the party so some would do drive by quest item stealing.

I'll admit, as someone with friends in multiple guilds and enough characters between myself and my spouse, I'm biased toward the new system, but everyone should see that both quest item drop systems are not perfect, especially since a lot of leveling rates are balanced around getting additional drops from your party.

i dont know what you are talking about. Ive been playing this game since 2007. I have NEVER had a problem with anyone outside the party coming in to steal a quest drop. Who would wait outside a party just to come steal a quest drop esspically a repeat one. Also if that person continue, you can report him. Seem like you are one who leech off friends and guilds drops and dont want to wait 2-3 mins to get the drop. lol. Like most people agrees above, there is no benefit from having quest drop be pick up by other people or party members.

• Yeah, I do not mind the new system. It is very helpful for keeping old drop quests to help drop for people.

Just find a party who splits the drops. Like when I do my dailies need 15 drops, so I get 14/15 then let the others do the same then we all pick up our last ones once everyone has one.

If its for fast leveling like at the mushroom spot in Uruga for lvl 64-66 or something, then I usually have people switch between levels. Let one person level up once, then the next person then the next person.

• People kept old quests drops anyway to help friends out, going back to the old system won't change this. I vividly remember mimic repeat being one such example. You'd set up the drop order, and then simply quest til it was your turn. If you were lucky, you'd have 2 or 3 people afking so that you could take their drops to speed things up. If anything, it taught people manners in waiting their turn rather than the free for all we currently have.

• Fiesta has become a Solo Game.

You don't wanna solo? well...*coughs* get p lvl'd to 115 and then spam repeats til 135.

Oh wait...

/endsarcasm

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• Gaming 101 "How to play nice"....been there , done that, it took for about a year, then people just got indifferent.

multi player just lost its momentum. I still think of it as a community thing, but it feels like that attitude is practically non existent.

• Wait, Fiesta is a Multiplayer Game?...

(Troll Face)

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif