Archer and mage ready for prestige, need help choosing

• Hey guys! Turns out i didnt need to start from scratch since i got my old acc back with a prestige ready archer and mage. From what i understand, ss and wl are for pvp while ranger and wiz for pve. I'm more of a raid, kq, general grinding farming guy, not much for pvp, so I am leaning towards the "pve" classes BUT I wanted to know if any class has a big advatage over the other like for hk and guardian, hk pretty strong so theyre kinda the go to for both pvp and pve. I am leaning towards ranger and warlock but i have no idea how they fair in game. Thanks.

• Ranger - Better Kiting skills, stealth mode, and a few other quirks.

SharpShooter - Versatility with ST's, and a few other unmentionable perks (dont wanna trigger the community any more than I usually do)

Wizard - AoE beast. Lacks ST damage, but has the ability to make people's lives a total NIGHTMARE...just...wait, what?

Warlock - ST beasts. If you chain your skills correctly, you could easily be on par with a stacked Glad in terms of DPS (don't argue, its true) and you get the ability to sniff out the competition or scout ahead, and cause some unrelenting critical chains once you get chain lightning.

Fighter - Glad...duh.

Cleric - EVERYONE...wants HK's...but honestly, guardians have it nice these days. Cheaper gears, and if you are good with set switching and ability chains...*coughs*

Sader - whats that? (troll face)

Reaper - Critical Hit machines. With the proper timing and chaining of skills, you'll be an unstoppable force...especially if you hold on to particular sets and utilize them in critical situations (i.e. ES kq, Lab, LN HC, etc)...and pair up with a mage that you mesh with well and understands your skill set and runs with your ideals.

Spectre - Well...if you want Damage (shrugs)

Its all about personal preferences. I have one of each class...and a 70 perm sader. Fun stuff. Waiting for Gamigo to hurry up and give saders a secondary...like Dark Knight since Templars are the light bringers (rolls eyes sarcastically)

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• WL dealing same dmg as a glad pls they probably can in a pvp environment but not in a single target pve raid

maybe when you could bug magic blast but not now

• Wizards have the aoe upgrades but warlock have the raw damage from wands

Staff have better aim but warlock passive and aim scroll sort that

Pretty even if you ask me

Meteor crushes enemies before they can reach you if they are affected by novas slow travel speed so just based on that I’d lean towards wizard

But again they are fairly close

sharpshooter is all about speed on single target

The dots do the main damage on aoe kiting

Rangers have better raw damage due to crossbows so do more damage when kiting due to it just being skill spams, not auto attacking

They are pretty slow at single targets, as they don’t get upgrades for aim shot and power shot either.

So I’d lean towards ranger for solo kiting

But having a sharpshooter in dungeons are dynamite with nature’s speed

They just cut down bosses health lol

Like carrying a mini Gatling gun

Pagel Server

Riku | Cloudcutter | ToxicRain | Confianza | Vengefulsin | Artorius

DoomedRevival | JigokuShoujo | Jynxy | MisterJay | _HarleyQuinn_

• Thanks for the help guys! Guess im going with wl for now given theyre both kinda even though wl gears seem cheaper. It gonna be my first 100+ so funding isnt too great. Im still on the fence with ss and ranger.

Also is it true that there are plans for lancer class?

• Thanks for the help guys! Guess im going with wl for now given theyre both kinda even though wl gears seem cheaper. It gonna be my first 100+ so funding isnt too great. Im still on the fence with ss and ranger.

Also is it true that there are plans for lancer class?

I doubt maybe it was on the cards many years ago when OnSonSoft was the developers but I think gamigo want to focus on fixing the current classes.

Though they may give us a nice surprise.

Anyway tldr I don't think they have enough resources to develop a new class + rebalance.

• Yawn

So...you mean to tell me that a +12 wand wielding, High Mdmg/INT geared, Damage Charm and Brace +15/20, SC'd out warlock with the appropriate ST's cooled...can't stay on par with a Glad?...We're not talking about glitching MB here either, only desperate tools still do that (yes it can be done).

Sure, glads have the Raw Damage...but...crits, chained skills, AoE Ticks, and repeated onslaught of appropriate skills...?

You're telling me that a Warlock, can NOT stay on par or out dps a glad? *coughs* I call shenanigans on that one.

Same with reapers. Max crit, with their passive, burst DPS, and abilities can't hold a candle to glads? HA!

I'm not bias when it comes to DPS'n or whatever.

But, keep in mind...the fighter skills also benefit reapers toooo...and if there's a deep fear debuff on the mob(s)...Hey, shawiiiiing lmfao

Technicalities versus technicalities...

Next argument?

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• Yawn

So...you mean to tell me that a +12 wand wielding, High Mdmg/INT geared, Damage Charm and Brace +15/20, SC'd out warlock with the appropriate ST's cooled...can't stay on par with a Glad?...We're not talking about glitching MB here either, only desperate tools still do that (yes it can be done).

Sure, glads have the Raw Damage...but...crits, chained skills, AoE Ticks, and repeated onslaught of appropriate skills...?

You're telling me that a Warlock, can NOT stay on par or out dps a glad? *coughs* I call shenanigans on that one.

Yes, glads deal more single dps damage than warlocks in most - if not all - scenarios. That’s why the top guild(s) run 18 glads/1 temp and 1 hk as their main expo.

Remember glads can get +12 axes, +20 braces, dmg in gear, str build, talisments and dmg/cs to. They also get vitality and most important their insanely broken passive. Glads can easily hit 1M + dmg something warlocks cannot do.

Additionally HK bash skill, 115 ddf and fatal slash (with slash set) further removes mobs def making them more vulnerable to physical dmg especially since many of these skills remove a flat percentage. Warlock cannot jump on this. If I’m being honest mages are the worst single dps class in the game because of these reasons. The only accessible mdef debuff locks have access to which I have listed for physical dd’s is the locks ddf set (which is good as it removes a flat percentage) & a wiz’s passive which is bad since it removes a flat amount which is greatly effected by diminishing returns ie removing 100 mdef on a mob with 100 mdef is amazing. Removing 100 mdef of a mph with 100k mdef is bad

Reapers can idd deal nice damage; but your claim at WLs dealing the same damage as glad is ridiculous ask anyone who actively raids SK how many times they run wl’s in their main dd party the answer is they don’t since their damage is subpar vs glads and they actually want to win a dps.

As for magic blast/animation bug yes it can be done but nothing like it use to be as shown in the below video since the Gabriel set effect has been changed making this impossible now

The only situation a mage is a top tier dps is when mobs have super high evasion meaning glads & other classes skills don’t hit remember if you miss you deal zero damage. Mages nova/inferno would push their dps past the other classes since after the initial hits the aoes use to always hit meaning guaranteed dmg. However, glads 110 skills hear of fury also always hits sooo mages have even lost that perk

It isn’t an argument it’s fact Rei ~ Shawn thinks he has found a new meta, thoughts ?

Truthfully Mages haven’t been useful since the 115 cap. This is because the 125/135 caps don’t really require their aoes to clear dungeons etc like they did @ 115 like in ddf. It’s the main reason I don’t main the class anymore & moved towards a spec.

Tl;dr The proof is in the pudding. Top guilds run an expo of glads not wasrlocks. They do this because they want to win.

• Yawn

Please...New Meta? Is that some kinda joke?

Its FIESTA...no such thing as a meta...well, cept Glads :D;(:D

All I'm saying is that its absolutely possible for Warlocks to KEEP UP with glads in terms of DPS, and if they REALLY wanted to try...could 70/90/100% charm their asses off and switch to full DMG sc -_-

Jesus.

C'mon man...even Ketsujen is laughing at me about this one...geez.

Let's just be realistic here...all classes can be DPS machines...okay, ALMOST all classes *coughs* clerics *coughs*

That video...is utterly useless now since they tweaked MB+Gab glitch...we all know this.

However, there's another pair of set glitches that can make...a particular class...more of a nightmare than one realizes. Play around with them for awhile, find out which one...and just watch chaos ensue when you devastate fbz?(