Why so many KSing?

• I use to play back on OS and I never really had a problem with it then. I've been back since mid Feb ish and it's like every other day that I'm on now. What is the best way in your experience to remedy this?

-edit-

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kuroneko: Removed Screenshot ().

• Hi Erma,

Please make sure you've captured a full unedited and uncropped screenshot and do not post said screenshot onto the forums.

The forums is not a place to report these issues publically. You can report these cases to Ticket Support or to a GM, but please make sure you have sufficient evidence to do so.

Regards,

~[SGM]Kuroneko

• Good evening,

I have already done that a couple days ago, and have not received a response back yet. I am now wondering what other players have found as the best way to remedy this problem when they have encountered this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• For me, I ended up going to a low populated server when the merge happened. Back in the day on OS/Bijou, I had problems with KSing and my solution was to leave the zone and quest elsewhere. During those times, reporting it (imo) was a waste of time as nothing seemed to happen when the culprits were turned in. Asking them kindly didn't work out well back then either, but maybe it's different now (kinda doubtful, but who knows for sure). Sad to see this hasn't really changed much.

• Hi Erma,

AS a community you are all part of Fiesta and whilst certain areas of the game will become crowded, there will be a limited amount of resource and as a result, I would encourage you to be nice and share spots and party space with other people.

If they are rude to you, then please capture any evidence and report them. Under no circumstances should you even provoke and incite them to attack you.

Regards,

~[SGM]Kuroneko

• I usually ask/tell "Please/Do not kill steal me"

At this time I open my recording software and begin recording or take a screenshot, making sure the date/time can be seen and the chat of me asking.

Then I continue to quest. If they continue to kill steal, I have it recording, or I take multiple screenshots as I go (can make like a play by play of screenshots).

Then I tell them "I am recording/screenshoting this and I will report".

This usually scares off people, or it will cause the person to start cussing me out, or telling me how "gamigo doesn't do ******".

I usually then afk on my mount or leave off questing for the time, or continue questing and putting up with it.

Then I report them if they continued after my warnings, and I have seen these people be absent from the game for a time after I have reported, so I can say for a fact that they do take this seriously. The problem is getting sufficient evidence to send them.

By the way for it to be kill stealing, you must have gained aggro first and prove it and then they must attack it after you have had aggro.

Spot claiming, is where they tell you "this is my spot/these are my mobs" and refuse to party with you, or share the mob/area. This can get tricky, because if you or they have full party, and there are not enough mobs its not really spot claiming. At this point whoever showed up later/refuses to party SHOULD wait their turn.

• I did all of that and they (the other player) literally did not care. I have a recording of them running up to me and mocking the lizardman I was hitting with my hammer, and then doing it again after I told them I was doing a video capture of my screen.

Thank you for your lovely suggestion.

• For me, I ended up going to a low populated server when the merge happened. Back in the day on OS/Bijou, I had problems with KSing and my solution was to leave the zone and quest elsewhere. During those times, reporting it (imo) was a waste of time as nothing seemed to happen when the culprits were turned in. Asking them kindly didn't work out well back then either, but maybe it's different now (kinda doubtful, but who knows for sure). Sad to see this hasn't really changed much.

I never really had a problem with it back on OS (Epith), I think it happened once or twice in the 2-3 years that I played, but it seems to be a problem now. I've also noticed that there seems to be a lack of any moderator presence actually within the game, so maybe this is contributing to the issue as well (or maybe I just play at weird times and miss them)?

• I havent saw ks since outspark times. That was like 10 years ago. But a couple days ago, while doing ghost daily for the lvl 134 quest. I waited like about 8 mins for respawn. I think they respawn in 10 min. Right when the ghost spawn, I was gonna attack it then a group of party like 4 guys came and just started killing it. I was like wtf. You guys cant see me right here. It wasnt even a full party. They could of ask nicely for party. But no they just killed the ghost I was waiting about 8 mins for. Then they rush to the mage. So instead of fighting over the mage ghost. I went to the fighter ghost. The fighter ghost wasnt there so I just waited. The other party finish killing the mage and rush to the fighter ghost. As it spawn they came and attacked it even though I was there when they was still killing the mage ghost. Talk about no manners. I hate people who think they all that in a party to bully a solo player cause he cant do enough damage as a party does. Even in the 130-135 lvl there are still ksing.

• I havent saw ks since outspark times. That was like 10 years ago. But a couple days ago, while doing ghost daily for the lvl 134 quest. I waited like about 8 mins for respawn. I think they respawn in 10 min. Right when the ghost spawn, I was gonna attack it then a group of party like 4 guys came and just started killing it. I was like wtf. You guys cant see me right here. It wasnt even a full party. They could of ask nicely for party. But no they just killed the ghost I was waiting about 8 mins for. Then they rush to the mage. So instead of fighting over the mage ghost. I went to the fighter ghost. The fighter ghost wasnt there so I just waited. The other party finish killing the mage and rush to the fighter ghost. As it spawn they came and attacked it even though I was there when they was still killing the mage ghost. Talk about no manners. I hate people who think they all that in a party to bully a solo player cause he cant do enough damage as a party does. Even in the 130-135 lvl there are still ksing.

Keep in mind that KSing is only when you attack it first. It doesn't matter how long you waited in the spot.

It's very rude, however. They should have invited you to their party.

• Keep in mind that KSing is only when you attack it first. It doesn't matter how long you waited in the spot.

It's very rude, however. They should have invited you to their party.

so a mob that takes 10 to 30 mins to spawn and you are waiting there. A party shows up just before it spawns and they have range class and you are close combat fighter. Good luck getting first hit when they have long range class to hit the mob from far away. If you see someone waiting for a spawn. You either ask for party or go to a different spot. You don't try to steal kill and claim on I aggro or hit it first when you are the last to show up. It is doesn't matter who hits first in this kind of situation. Cause it's not normal mob that spawn in a few seconds.

• I agree that the rules are not very fair in this situation