You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to The Official Fiesta Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 6:58am

[Discussion] Ronaah's Letter - October 2017

Hi adventurers of Isya,

Autumn has arrived and with the winds from the north, a letter made its way to the community! Here is an update on the current topics of Fiesta Online.

General Character Transfer/Server Merge
Some of you are waiting for the Character Transfer Tool that anyone can use. The technology behind this tool needs to be improved and it would have taken so much time to get things right that we took the difficult decision to cancel this project instead of telling you all the time that we have no update.

The UK transfer took way longer than we expected, and we had to make several iterations to the tool to make it work properly. Finally, the transfer of several thousand of characters is finally done and we hope that all the of the transferred UK character will enjoy their new homes on the other European servers.

Empty Servers
We have seen that some players are worried that the less populated servers are going to be closed. Currently, there are no plans or discussions about it. We are looking into ways on how to make playing on the less populated servers more attractive. If you have any ideas or suggestions, your help is appreciated. We will discuss what is possible to implement.

Account Security
We are regularly increasing our security measures as a safety precaution. Our IT has noticed some unusual behaviors related to account security and due to this, all passwords of the NA game accounts have been reset. This was done as a preventive measure. If you still have no access to your email address, then you can either change it in your gamigo account or you can contact our Support Team.

Transparency
In the last couple of years, a lot of things have been promised and we couldn’t keep them. I can understand that it’s frustrating to look forward to something new or improvements and in the end, we cannot fulfill them after asking you to be patient for an extended amount of time. We really messed up in this case and we can only say sorry that we broke the trust that you had in us. We want to give you more insight in what we are currently doing. We will give you a sneak preview of the new content on social media, give you a better understanding how content is created, show you some video teasers and give you regular updates what we are working on right now, so that you can see that we are still giving our best to improve Fiesta Online.

What’s coming up
In the last patches, we fixed already several bugs related to the instance Temple of Gods. Now we are currently focusing on two new instances that are targeting high-level players to give them something new and fresh to enjoy in-game. Prepare yourself for the battle! And we also have a new Kingdom Quest for all level ranges. Once we can see some more of it implemented on our test server, we will give you more insights. Rebalancing is still on our to-do list and we received your feedback regarding levelling in the high-level range, but we will focus on one topic at a time in order to get things done. We also have a new developer in the dev team that is performing very well. The nerdiness in the team got a level up!

Halloween!
Celebrate Halloween with us! The time of the evil spirits has arrived. The haunted ghosts of Isya will challenge you to see how fearful you really are. Even the sky has been shrouded into darkness and the pumpkins are smiling fearfully. We hope you enjoy Halloween as much as we do and don’t get lost in the Temple of Mystery!

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 7:18am

I appreciate them FINALLY coming forth to the community. It's reassuring to know that they have noticed the emptiness of certain servers. I'm looking forward to these sneak peek videos and new content. New content will hopefully bring some players back. I'm going to stay pretty optimistic.

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 8:36am

skips through most of that text block...sees no mention of halloween gordon's return :whistling:
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE PAGE
LYKAINIONSMECCA YOUTUBE CHANNEL
I_HEAL_BECCAMAYO-130HK-INSIDIOUS: capped:(125)6/16/16
BECCAMAYO-115 WARLOCK-GM-DAKKONS__LEGION

on hiatus...

ENJOYING A MUCH BETTER FIESTA-PM FOR DETAILS

by Kobal

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 8:44am

I appreciate them FINALLY coming forth to the community. It's reassuring to know that they have noticed the emptiness of certain servers. I'm looking forward to these sneak peek videos and new content. New content will hopefully bring some players back. I'm going to stay pretty optimistic.

The letter was pretty good, Ronaah seems promising more than how things used to be phrased or said before. They straight answered a lot of the things being questioned. My only worry is that this is all words so far, so again we can only just wait and then you know how long they take to do things. But so far, in terms of words and them being more transparent and apologizing, the letter was pretty good.

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 9:39am

While the wording might be nice, that letter said absolutely nothing. They even said they fixed bugs in ToG when they changed mechanics as well without even fixing all the bugs. I want to be hopeful, but the longer we go without seeing results in patches, the less motivation I have to even sign on let alone actively play.
Amikiir
120 SharpShooter Epith
Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword
Send in a ticket

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 9:43am

While the wording might be nice, that letter said absolutely nothing. They even said they fixed bugs in ToG when they changed mechanics as well without even fixing all the bugs. I want to be hopeful, but the longer we go without seeing results in patches, the less motivation I have to even sign on let alone actively play.
This is exactly what I thought as well, just words with nothing to show for it. Just another promise to fall short on. I welcome you to prove me wrong Gamigo, in fact I really hope you do.

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 10:14am

While the wording might be nice, that letter said absolutely nothing.
This

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 10:25am

TL;DR

General Character Transfer/Server Merge -Not gonna happen

Empty Servers -Deal with it

Account Security -Reset your password

Transparency -Add us on facebook

What’s coming up -2 New instances to make that old instance we spent the last 3 months working exclusively on obsolete. Also a new hidden mine/spring battle field KQ that will never fill

Halloween! -Recycled content, the new content bugged out half the bosses in the game and had to be removed

Look, I get as tired as the next guy with all the whiners on these forums, but they literally spent more effort in this letter trying to make us think the game is getting better, then in any patch this year. If you come away from this letter with any sort of optimism you missed the boat :x

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 11:01am

Who believes the ship wont sink and stay, will die at the end while the captain is on the other boat rdy, but if he tells You the true all will come over and sink his boat too, so we play this game long enough, see enough to know what true what lie. Nice letter but if we look into it in short way:
1. no server transfer
2. server empty we try to make ppl come back how? If you could server wont be like this
3.reset passwort who know what in ur daten just you know
4. broken promises
5. an other promiss, ( few patches ago, a npc added next to kid woz. Where you can change to other event map , you said for a big event, now is at least 2 months. Since that npc added but nothing happened so maybe remove that npc next time then.)
6. rdy for few months. Bugs fix. After new promise
7.stop talking start to work on it is better

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 11:23am

Whenever we get one of these I always get a surge of optimism, but I think it might be caused by the excitement of actually getting some form of acknowledgment by the team after all these months, so that optimism quickly fades away as soon as I give it a second reading.

What's the point of repeating stuff we already know? Yeah this apology was worded a little better than the cold statement we got when the transfer tool project was abandoned, but it doesn't add much overall. Nor does stating facts such as the empty servers or the recent password reset. This space could have been used to elaborate more on the future direction of the game, which is what the letter should be about in the first place.

We already knew we were getting an instance (well 2 now), so this producer letter should be announcing their imminent release (of at least one) , not that you are "currently focusing" on them and they are not even on the test server yet. Are we looking at 2 more months of developing time?

All the time spent on ToG could have been better used, especially because of all the useless back and forth changes that turned it from bad to good to worse again. Some things that were supposedly fixed aren't and the istance is as slow as ever. As someone noticed, I sure hope the new istances aren't going to make it obsolete after all the work, and that you aren't repeating the same mistake of 115 cap with it's overabundance of obsolete weapons and gears
Warpy 135 Wiz from Epith
Isya

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 11:53am

Sadly the only way to make the empty server get more players is to increase drop rate 1000X. HAHA+
Isya/Cypion
Mizukia 115 Ranger
Kiriyashi 108 Gladiator
iPoohOnya 105 Wizard
Rathia 100 Spectre
:thumbup:

Wickid

Intermediate

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 12:26pm

Sadly the only way to make the empty server get more players is to increase drop rate 1000X. HAHA+
How about.....No :thumbdown:

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 3:38pm

Sounds too fishy to be true....

Any promises from gamigo is sure to break.
Quit Until Further Notice!

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 4:04pm

A lot of words to say nothing at all. My give-a-crap-o-meter is at an all time low. If we haven't got any clarification on if the people who didn't use the merge site will still be getting their split up accounts fixed by the time my current SC runs out then I'm gone. Dropping this game like a snot. I love the game and I love the people who play the game but I hate being treat like a moron by the people who are making the decisions at Gamigo over the last 2 years.

Nothing to see here

Not even this Easter egg Θ

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 4:29pm

True...
We at gamigo believe that a game makes money automatically if players are having fun and enjoy the game. Forcing a player to pay in order to enjoy content is something that we do not agree with and many aspects of the game have certainly gone that way. We want to change this.

"A man begins to die when he ceases to expect anything from tomorrow." -Abraham Miller

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 6:28pm

Suggestion in making low-populated servers more pleasing.

We are looking into ways on how to make playing on the less populated servers more attractive. If you have any ideas or suggestions, your help is appreciated.

I suggest something. It might work if you deeply think about it.
For an instance, don't think about yourself, and think about us for once.
Read this. Carefully think it through. Consider it. This is my idea...
Give all servers BUT ISYA (because of its server lead) a drop rate server boost.

In Isya, there are a lot of players, most of them are active. To have a lot of active players in one server means, more farmers the server is most likely going to have. Low-population servers like Pagel, Jenira, and Enid, because of their low player base, allegedly they don't count on a lot of farmers.

In Isya, the supply of items farmers get, balances the demand that players request/desire. In a high-population server like Isya, farmers compete with each other to sell their items at cheaper prices because of competition. For a farmer in Isya, it will be difficult to monopolize item prices, for the vast quantity of items flowing around the server.

But in a low-population server case, like I mentioned before, there are a few players playing, less farmers, the few items that the farmers get, most times causes inflation to increase. These farmers will take advantage of the supply being low, and the demand of the players requesting it being high, that buyers will end up being willing to over pay because they know there is a limited amount of certain items that the player base can get.

Very few selective ones will own specific items, while the brobdingnagian of the rest will be conformed with the desire of not having the items they wanted, because of its low supply.

IF YOU GIVE low-population servers an increase in drop rate, it becomes easier/less time-consuming for players, to obtain those items, that even though if there is a low amount of players seeking those items, with the ease that is to acquire them, will balance the market relationship between demand and supply their player base is going through.

--------------------

Players can decide whether to be part of an over-populated server,
with a lot of players to interact with,
to be in "get-together groups" in search for items they as a group need...
OR
to be in a low-populated server,
most likely to play alone, or in very small groups,
but with the fulfillment of having their desired items obtained without great effort.
+ Eventually this might make low-population servers to increase in population (THIS is the goal)...
We at gamigo believe that a game makes money automatically if players are having fun and enjoy the game. Forcing a player to pay in order to enjoy content is something that we do not agree with and many aspects of the game have certainly gone that way. We want to change this.

"A man begins to die when he ceases to expect anything from tomorrow." -Abraham Miller

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 6:52pm

My overall impression in the following image:

And this

I don't argue with keyboard warriors, I report/ignore them.

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 1:01am

I think there is something we're not being told about this whole transfer item...

1) You moved the old servers (Apo, Bijou, etc) in to the servers we know today. Sure it took some time, but it happened and from what I can see most of the bugs are now ironed out and resolved.

2) UK players are now on EU server's as mentioned in the letter...

3) You had that "24 hour Transfer" period (Which I took advantage of and moved my 15 odd characters) and I experienced no issues with any of my characters, it was completely flawless for me.

So whats the deal? What's stopping you? You've just said you've got a new developer? Can't you contract further help if needed? There is something we're not being told. Stop with the b/s already lol.

To me it looks like Gamigo is literally trying to kill this game so they can close the doors. Your doing an EXCELLENT job!

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 1:04am

I agree, it doesn't say much but I'm mostly disappointed about one thing..

It says they got our feedback of how tedious it is to level 125+ but they're gonna make the new instances first. So this means it's gonna take a year for them to release these instances and then another 6+ months for them to fix all the bugs that come along with them, before they even start thinking about changing the leveling process of 125-135... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Guardian at heart.
RecklessOptimism / Oxenfree
Trollmann <3 Best hubby ever

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 1:11am

Well hopefully they will show us something that they brought up in the letter next week, since maints have been every other week as of late.