You are not logged in.

Monday, November 11th 2013, 9:20am

Windows 8.1 Xtrap problem (Compatibility) - Resolved

Dear support,

I just updated me Windows 8 machine to Windows 8.1, after the upgrade when i now start Fiesta i get an error poppingup after selecting the server, its going about that me apphelp.dll should be corrupt? (its located in "system32/apphelp.dll") the error code i get is : 08-0400-00000000-524 (Screenshot in attachment) after a quick google i found manny topics on other sites about this error code, their problem was solved by shutting down "Mumble overlay" but i dont use / have installed Mumble.

Also i dont use other programs than before, the programs im running are ; Google Chrome, Teamspeak 3 and Skype.

So i had installed : Windows 7 -> Windows 8 Upgrade pack Pro 64bit -> updated to Windows 8.1

Rig setup :
- Intel core i7 4770K
- Asus Maximus VI Hero
- AMD Radeon XFX HD 6950

Harddisks :
- Samsung 840 EVO
- WesternDigital Blue 1TB harddisk

Hopefully i get some quick help.

Regards,
Spinner1991
spinner1991 has attached the following file:
  • xTrap error.png (52.04 kB - 40 times downloaded - latest: May 30th 2014, 10:54am)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "spinner1991" (Nov 12th 2013, 4:09am) with the following reason: Added me videocard to me rig setup

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 2:40am

Bumb. anny GM or techinical support please help me out, me SC items are running out while i cant play :(!

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 3:18am

Sadly, I raised the issues with Windows 8.1 a few months ago whilst it was still in beta. I did this because the whole point of a beta is that developers (and related personnel) get ready for the uncomming release. Now it has been released and it is causing problems it just frustrates me.

Not sure what you can do.

Have you installed anything recently that may cause problems? Also, make sure your graphics card is up to date with a non-beta driver that supports Windows 8.1. (Try disabiling (by disable I mean stop it running) Skype and teamspeak and see if that works).

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 3:27am

"Have you installed anything recently that may cause problems?"

No, i did the update to Windows 8.1 after it i checked for anny more updates, no result so i started fiesta and got the error.

Also, make sure your graphics card is up to date with a non-beta driver that supports Windows 8.1. (Try disabiling (by disable I mean stop it running) Skype and teamspeak and see if that works).

Gonna check drivers now, also tried yesterday with teamspeak and skype shutdown, no result.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 4:07am

I Downgraded from the latest AMD Beta driver (Wich preforms verygood on Windows 8 ) to the latest stable driver, still got the error.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 2:22pm

Win8/8.1 Xtrap probs

I found the oddest solution to the problem. Norton 360 fixed my problem with X-trap
Run the registry cleaner after set up and scans it some how stabilizes the program in place of them making it
truly compatible. Hope this helps.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 2:44pm

I found the oddest solution to the problem. Norton 360 fixed my problem with X-trap
Run the registry cleaner after set up and scans it some how stabilizes the program in place of them making it
truly compatible. Hope this helps.

I have Norton Internet Security running, i used it on windows 8 to, without anny problems.
But did you mean its an build in feature (i cant find it in me Norton Internet Security) to run a "registery cleaner" ? or is it an external program? if its an external program, whats the name off it?

EDIT :
I runned the registery cleaner off "Ccleaner", this didnt have anny succes, i also rebooted me system, and shutted teamspeak and skype down.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "spinner1991" (Nov 12th 2013, 3:03pm)

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 11:09pm

Can you try disablling Norton Internet Security? (Not just the anti-virus but also the firewall etc etc - basically disable everything and see if Fiesta works).

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 2:52am

Can you try disablling Norton Internet Security? (Not just the anti-virus but also the firewall etc etc - basically disable everything and see if Fiesta works).

I disabled Norton completely, and shutdown all processes related (in the windows task manager) to Norton, also shutdown teamspeak and skype but again its a negative effect.

EDIT :
Is there some one who is running Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bits, if its running for him/her shoukd it be posible to copy youre apphelp.dll and try it that way?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "spinner1991" (Nov 13th 2013, 3:48am)

MzWrite

Beginner

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 12:03pm

ALSO having this problem. (Attaching pic.) I get booted every few seconds! The most I was on was about 40 seconds. Someone help please! (I don't use Norton at all, so I don't think that's connected.)
MzWrite has attached the following file:
Teva {USA}
MzWrite 10x Wiz
StoryTeller 9x Cleric

Writing is like a magic spell ~ the words you cast have an affect on people ~ whether you know it or not ~ so use your powers wisely! <3

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 1:20pm

ALSO having this problem. (Attaching pic.) I get booted every few seconds! The most I was on was about 40 seconds. Someone help please! (I don't use Norton at all, so I don't think that's connected.)

This has nothing to do with me topic, its a complete difrent error given, but because the support isnt looking in topics / trieying to help out players with problems i decided to completely reinstall me pc again because there is no working solution.

Annyway, thanks for all the responses and comunity members responses!

MzWrite

Beginner

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 5:17pm

It gives me a different error number every time it happens, but the box is always that same thing. Didn't want to post 16 pics. =p If you use full screen, try exiting it. I tried that and I haven't been booted.
Teva {USA}
MzWrite 10x Wiz
StoryTeller 9x Cleric

Writing is like a magic spell ~ the words you cast have an affect on people ~ whether you know it or not ~ so use your powers wisely! <3

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 12:14pm

Seems this XTrap Error (524 in system32/apphelp.dll) is still an unresolved issue. Wifes cmptr upgraded to 8.1 fm Win8 (in which the game/Xtrap ran well) She hadnt been on for 2 weeks and Win8.1 was correctly working and now she gets this Xtrap error. Sent Ticket on it last Fri and finally got a response. Prior to this she did game uninstall and reloaded...Game came up with no XTrap errors. Shut down and went to bed. Tried to run this morning and back to same error. Did all the things they asked to do and still have the same error. Xtrap has become the BANE of this game now. :cursing:

Araragi

Beginner

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 12:30pm

For me Fiesta works fine on Windows 8.1 both on laptop and PC.
I installed the basic drivers and that's it.
You don't need any anti-virus on your rig btw since you have Microsoft Security Essentials built into the OS.

Left the forums due to unreasonable GM's
Beware, mentioning certain anime will get you banned

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 12:49pm

I had the same issue with Windows 8.1, I tried everything and couldn't find a solution. Fiesta Online current version is just not compatible with windows 8.1.(It's also on Microsoft site, where it shows that it isn't compatible yet). I had to un-install windows 8.1.
Xtrap Engine Shows "The Client is not running properly". That without using the compatibility mode, when you use it, it just shows the same.

|Midnight|Teva Server| 115 Gladiator|
|Manobi Keikan|
Thanks to my sis iMika for the siggy!~

Araragi

Beginner

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 2:00pm

Guess I should consider myself lucky.
Left the forums due to unreasonable GM's
Beware, mentioning certain anime will get you banned

Yaseeda

Professional

Wednesday, December 11th 2013, 11:59pm

According to microsoft site, win 8.1 and xtrap not compatible yet. I got same problem at my 2nd laptop after installation of 8.1, still waiting for fix ._. (system32.apphelp.dll error)

Edit: Oh lol midnight already said pretty much same, my bad >.<
Godliest Free Player since 89 cap. 0$ invested, full +9/10/11. Wanna learn how to achieve that?

You take dictatorship to a whole new level mate.

Monday, December 16th 2013, 6:20pm

Hi guys,
Apologies for not responding to this thread sooner. Could those of you that uploaded the screenshots upload them onto an image host and have them posted in the thread, or send them to me via PM with your character name and server so we can try to figure this out? Thank you!

Sincerely,
GM_PinkMochi

Yaseeda

Professional

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 10:40pm

Last xtrap update solved compatibility problem. Thanks for fixing it so fast.

As for problem> it was 524 error for most of us, problem with system32/apphelp.dll file.
Godliest Free Player since 89 cap. 0$ invested, full +9/10/11. Wanna learn how to achieve that?

You take dictatorship to a whole new level mate.