You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to The Official Fiesta Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 2:28pm

Arena Coins?

So I swung by the two new NPC's in Uruga. Hold it--blue sets for SALE?! Off the rack?! What's the catch?

Payment must be in "Arena Coins," which is forthcoming.

I've been away from the forums a bit, so forgive me if this question has been answered and asked already, but...

Is this "Arena" going to be PVP, PVE, team, guild, event, KQ, or something else?

Because I can see a LOT of problems coming down the pike if it's straight PVP.

MintyGreens

AC Designer

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 7:29pm

we dont know yet, its been kept top secret ;O
~Server: Bijou <3~
~ lvl 108 Holy Knight~ ~lvl 101 Wizard~
~lvl 78 Ranger~ ~lvl 86 Knight~ ~lvl 60 Spectre~ ~lvl 65 Crusader~
OMG I made this

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 11:43am

I've already brought this to the light.
If it's going to be PvP orientated, it's going to be heavily monopolized by raiding and power guilds. If the equipment isn't going to be tradable and bind on account, then it will be dead content within a week.

If it's PvE oriented, this will still be monopolized by the heavy SC users, Power guilds and Raiding guilds. Sure, everyone will get at least 1 coin, but that doesn't imply that this feature won't be controlled by those I stated above.

With every perk, there's a flaw.
What would be nice is if this is tiered to Level and not strictly PvP, basically have individual arena's for 90 - 99, 100 - 110, and 111 - 120.
I think that would be fair so that there will be no one guild controlling this feature...will just be a ton of players fighting over who is the best outside of PvP KQ lmfao!
However...IF PvP KQ is going to reward these coins...well, you know how that's going to turn out. 1st - 3rd place get the coins, where everyone else that joins gets jacked? Right.

So...
We shall see how OOS and Gamigo deem the arena to be "fair" once it gets released.
Quit

You wish your speed/ping was this good...rofl :thumbup:

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 7:01am

We dont know yet but i can bet it will be pvp rofl
My topics, please take a minute to check them out:

How to change our user interface not only the background image guide!

Aestival

Master

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 10:01am

If it's rewarded through PVP KQ, they might actually fill up again for once. I'm liking this.

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 2:28pm

considering some of the other stuff that was added in that patch its a safe assumption that its not related to the pvp kq

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 5:44pm

I assume it will be similar to the Spring Battlefield KQ to even the playing field, CTF style.
This is america, I have to right to complain when its not fair.

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 5:55am

I assume it is PVP since Arena seem imply that way and chance are it is 1 vs 1 PVP.

Shouldn't cleric defense = fighter or even higher than fighter? They got more offence. ;(

Bert.

Professional

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 6:57am

New NPC's... in Uruga.. Blues... for sale???????
Have i gone blind?

I haven't seen these npc's xD
And I have seen somethings about Arena Coins, but they sound like something PvP related, so i wasn't interested in that xD
BertIsHere 108 Guardian
BertIsHere_ 100 Wizard
Epith <3

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 5:39pm

it's up the hill between guild master and blacksmith.

Shouldn't cleric defense = fighter or even higher than fighter? They got more offence. ;(

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 7:20pm

I wish they'd do something about the stats. Maybe random stats the moment you buy it, a luck orientated. You could get crappy or godly stated stuffs.

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 7:38pm

RE: Arena Coins?

So I swung by the two new NPC's in Uruga. Hold it--blue sets for SALE?! Off the rack?! What's the catch?

Payment must be in "Arena Coins," which is forthcoming.

I've been away from the forums a bit, so forgive me if this question has been answered and asked already, but...

Is this "Arena" going to be PVP, PVE, team, guild, event, KQ, or something else?

Because I can see a LOT of problems coming down the pike if it's straight PVP.

Old news. But I think this Arena thing might have titles associated with it. Since I swear I remember GM Kobal having some title like Arena Legend or something like that on before. All I know was that it was a really cool title and had the word Arena in it. Might just be a coincidence.

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 9:26pm

I assume it is PVP since Arena seem imply that way and chance are it is 1 vs 1 PVP.

its not 1v1

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 5:50pm

I've seen the blues, and if they bind, it sure doesn't say so in the sale window.

So, theoretically, these COULD be bought/vended, which would no doubt bankrupt every single Cleric in Isya.

I did compare the stats between the arena blues and the dungeon blues, but more on that in a second. They're not total duds, but there are trade-offs.

Edit: Full analysis added below.

So I ws poking around in Uruga, taking a look at the Templar blue sets that are on sale for Arena coins only. You'd think, at first blush, that sans stat boosts, off-the-rack blues aren't all that impressive. But then I took a look at the baseline numbers for the 100 and 110 HK blues. The 100's I've got bound, the 110's I'm waiting to level into. Anyway, following are the baseline stats--no stat boosts--and set effects. Note that I'm comparing full set to full set, and not piece to piece.

Advanced Trust (Levi 100 set):
Helm: Def 297, MDef 169, Aim 70, Eva 120
Top: MaxHP 600, Def 451, MDef 259, Eva 172
Pant: MaxSP 1000, Def 343, MDef 198, Eva 139
Boot: Def 261, MDef 149, Eva 107, Crit 7.0

Totals: Def 1352, MDef 775, Eva 538

2 Set: CD, Invinc
3 Set: Power, Mighty Chop
4 Set: SP, silence

Arena 100 off-the-rack:

Helm: Def 296, MDef 168, Aim 70, Eva 147
Top: +800 HP, Def 452, MDef 257, Eva 211
Pant: +1000 SP, Def 343, MDef 197, Eva 170
Boot: Def 260, MDef 148, Eva 131, Crit 7.0

Totals: 1,351, MDef 770, Eva 659

2 Set: Power, Recover
3 Set: SP, Invigorate
4 Set: Duration, Invigorate

Difference on Arena set: Def -1, MDef -5, Eva 121, HP 200, SP 0, Crit 0, Aim 0

Analysis: This one REALLY depends on the stat boosts of whatever LN set you can find. The Def and MDef numbers are essentially a wash, with the Arena set giving a good bonus to Eva and HP. Moreover, the Arena set kicks up Invigorate, which generally doesn't pull agro. On the other hand, the damage boost and faster Invincible might be useful in some situations where the Recover and Invigorate boost may not be.

I think this really does come down to the stat boosts and set effect preferences. Any decent SPR or END boosts anywhere on the LN set would negate the slight defense penalties of the Arena set. However, using a 100 Arena set does get you the Invigorate bonus that you'd have to go down to a 95 (Advanced Holy) set to get. So, not bad.

Holy (110 Magrite):

Helm: Def 384, MDef 364, Aim +90, Eva 183
Top: MaxHP +900, Def 586, MDef 555, Eva 262
Pant: Max SP 1200, Def 445, MDef 424, Eva 211
Boot: Def 337, MDef 319, Eva 163, Crit 8.0

Totals: Def 1752, MDef 1662, Eva 819

2 Set: Power, Recover
3 Set: SP, Invigorate
4 Set: Duration, Invigorate

Templar 110 off-the-rack:

Helm: Def 516, MDef 168, Aim 70, Eva 209
Top: HP +1000, Def 789, MDef 257, Eva 300
Pant: SP +1200, Def 599, MDef 197, Eva 242
Boot: Def 453, MDef 148, Eva 186, Crit 8.0

Totals: Def 2357, MDef 770, Eva 937

2 Set: SP, Sacrifice
3 Set: CD, Awaken
4 Set: SP, Awaken

Difference: Def 605, MDef -892, Eva 118, Aim -20, Crit 0, HP +100, SP 0

Analysis: So, a higher Defense, lower MDef, a decent Eva boost, and a few extra HP. It's also easier to cast Awaken, which is a fast heal. The Holy Set, though, kicks up Recover, and also does quite a number on Invigorate--which, if you get Wall 3 at 110, REALLY makes Invigorate run long.

Still a trade-off, though. The Arena set makes it easier to keep firing of Awaken. That's a high-agro skill, but up against physical-damage mobs, the extra Def and Evasion could conceivably carry the day. The obvious problem with the Arena 110 is up against magic users. Not even a full SPR build can make up the difference on THAT one.

My personal preference is Invigorate, so given a choice, I'll personally stick to my Holy Set full-time once I get there.

Anyway, that's the difference I've got between the 100 LN and 110 Magrite blue sets for HolyKnights, compared to the Arena sets in Uruga.

Those of you who have access to FULL SETS at other levels and other classes, let us know what you get. Remember to compare full set to full set, baseline numbers ONLY.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Windholder" (Jan 9th 2014, 7:35pm)